Thursday, August 10, 2017

Curious Cats Shaker Card By Jil Lebel



Hello Ai Fans!!

I am really honored to be joining the Art Impressions design team!  This is my first post & I really hope you'll keep coming back each week to see what I have to share with you. 




I used my Distress Inks to watercolor the Purrr-thday Set (SKU #4568) or with Dies(SKU#4829). It's a back & front set. I decided to attach the back sides of the cats to the front. 

Here is a closer look at the cats themselves.




  I wanted them to be looking inside the window at a cupcake . The cupcake is from the Big Birthday Wishes Set (SKU # SC0794) that used to be only available at Michael's stores.  You can now get it from the Ai website!




When the card is open you can see all of their curious little faces.




Just in case you were wondering, this card is cat approved! 


18 comments:

Lut Lambert said...

magnificent! Lut (Belgium)

Karen Day said...

Awesome first post, Jil! Your card is adorable - I love that you did a double sided shaker, and have them looking in :o)

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this card is SO CUTE, Jil! LOVE the shaker! Awesome way to start!

Dot J Freel said...

Very cute card! Love it!

diane zechman said...

Love the shaker window and the cats peeking in!

katieo said...

Super fun. I just bought this set. Thanks for the inspiration

Renee M said...

Adorable card! This set is on my wishlist :)

Renee Matarese said...

I super love this!! I love shakers, acetate...anything clear. This is just awesome!

Jil Lebel said...

Thanks! Jil

Jil Lebel said...

Awwwww, Thank you! Jil

Jil Lebel said...

Thanks Karen! I figured it would be fun to see another side of the cats first! lol! Jil

Jil Lebel said...

I love making shaker cards. Thanks for the welcome! Jil

Jil Lebel said...

Thanks so much Dot. I'm glad you loved my card. Jil

Jil Lebel said...

It makes me happy that you loved. I find that shaker cards make me happy. Jil

Jil Lebel said...

I'm glad I could inspire you. I hope you share with us what you make with it! Jil

Jil Lebel said...

This is a really fun set to have because you can come up with tons of ways to color the cats. I know I'll come back to it many more times. Thanks, Jil

Jil Lebel said...

I'm with you. I love clear elements in my cards. I really do love shaker elements. Jil

Dana said...

Adorable card!! Love that the window is a shaker too!!