Thursday, January 4, 2018

Sweet Wishes by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

Welcome 2018! I hope your holiday's were amazing and filled with joy. I really missed blogging and having daily inspiration from my fellow design team members.
I'm going to kick things off with a Valentine's Day card using the Sweet Wishes Mini Try Fold Set 4848.  I am in love with that adorable little bird sitting inside the mailbox.

I followed the directions on the package and folded my watercolor paper into three even panels. I stamped the images with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I stamped each layer and then cut the inside with the included cutting die. As I cut each layer I would line up the stamp for the next layer.  I added a border using a Lawn Fawn die from the Valentine Borders set.


I colored this image with Tombow Brush Tip Markers.  It was a very fast and easy process.  I even colored the wreath twice and layered it on the front panel and added it with foam tape for some extra impact.  I colored in layers with a very loose style.  I mostly followed what was on the package of the stamps. 



The cutting die on the second layer also scores the bottom of the mailbox so you can have it open or closed when you give away the card.  I added color to both sides of the door.  I added some sequins to this layer, as well as the front, using collage medium.


This is the last layer.  I usually fold it the other direction, but I changed it up a bit this time.  That's part of the fun with these stamps.  You can experiment and come up with new folds.  Let me know if you've come up with a different fold that you think I might want to try out.  

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Jim this card is just so darn pretty!!

Dot J Freel said...

Just loved that loose coloring Jil did on that card! I need more of those tri-folds!